Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Miya

How quickly time passes us by. Our little baby has turned 3. It doesn't seem like it's been three years since we were in the hospital with her; I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Sometimes I'd enjoy going back to those days when I could hold her in my arms and cuddle her for hours on end. But, I know that isn't possible nor would I want to stay there for long because then little trouble maker (Jades) wouldn't be around either. Miya is no longer a toddler, but a little girl. Her legs continue to grow long, her tummy continues to grow slimmer, her hair continues to grow longer, and more importantly, her heart continues to grow in love. As she grows and I see her interact with others I can see what a big heart she has. She loves to be around people (it takes her a while to warm up though), especially babies. She is very nurturing, even with her pretend babies. I know that some day, if it's the Lord's will, she will grow up to be a very a good mommy. I'm not anywhere ready for that, I already tear up at the thought of her going to school (which won't be for another 2-3 years). We have been blessed to be able to raise Miya these past three years and pray there will be many more to come. Happy 3rd Birthday little Miss Miya.

2 comments:

The VanderZwaags said...

they grow up way to quickly!!!

The Petroeljes said...

Happy birthday Miya!! Nicki - I, too, remember when Miya was born quite well. You came out to the beach with her when she was only about a week old and I was sooooo jealous. You looked great and I was HUGE (39 weeks pregnant!). My oh my, how the time sure flies. We've loved hanging out with you these past 3 years Miya and look forward to many more! We'll miss you at the park tomorrow! I hope all goes well with Wendi's wedding!