Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Quick Supper

After learning Mom and Dad Westra were going to be on a motorcycle trip for a week I got a little excited thinking they may be making a surprise trip to Michigan.  I found out they were going to be sightseeing in Iowa.  After finding out they were on the eastern side of Iowa Jeff said it was okay for the girls and I to go meet them for a night (he was tied up with a seed meeting for work).  So the girls and I quickly packed for a night away, and more importantly a 6 hour road trip.  The girls did great riding in the van and we only had to make routine food/gas stops.

We met Mom and Dad in the Amana Colonies. I was fully expecting to see a smaller version of Shippsawana.  Not the case.  It is a very interesting little area that I would like to go back to vist when the girls are a bit older. 


Not too bad.  I think everyone's smiling AND looking at the camera.

 The largest walnut rocking chair in Iowa!


 The girls wearing sun bonnets just like Laura and Mary from Little House.

Fingers in a Chinese Finger Trap! Ha!

The girls (and myself)  had a great time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa and are very thankful that we were able to make some more memories with them, even though we would have loved to have visited longer. 

No comments: