Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in Iowa

We are back from visiting our family in Iowa. We were blessed to be able to spend almost a week out there over Christmas. The ride out took us 15 hours...a little different then the 10 hour trip it was before we had kids. Typically with kids it takes a good 12 hours, however this time the weather played a factor on the way out there. Once again we were blessed with traveling mercies and are very thankful for that. On the return trip we stayed the night in Davenport IA. It took a little while to find a hotel with a swimming pool that was open (for some reason most of the pools were closed so they could update them to some sort of code) this caused a little stress for dad since he PROMISED Miya if she was a big girl she could go swimming in the hot tub. All ended well (just a little more pricey then expected)!

I don't have a lot of pictures because I left my camera at G and G Hokesbergen's house but I do have a video of what Christmas night looked night and G and G Hokesbergens'. This was acutally quite calm for picture taking. If I would have videoed the the scence of them taking pictures without G and G there it would have been a little louder :)
The great grandkids had a blast playing together (at least I know Miya did). When I think back to Christmas when I was a little girl the best memory is not the gifts, but playing with all of my cousins, and of course getting into trouble with them. We wish our girls could play with there cousins and 2nd cousins more, but know this is how it is to be right now. We treasure the time we are blessed to spend together. I will post more pictures later....I don't have many though.

No comments: