Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a Great Dad


I have an amazing husband. He has been working so hard these past few months to grow our business and I am so proud of him. Not only is he a great husband but he is the BEST DAD in the world. When he is at home, he is at home. What I mean by that is, when he's home he is playing with girls, not sitting in front of the T.V. There are so many parents out there that think just being home is being a good parent and that is so not true. It is not the presence of our person that makes a good parent, it is the ACTIONS of the parent.

Jeff has really helped me to take a step back and look at this part of my life. Being blessed to stay home with our girls every day I find there are many times I get caught up in the tasks of the day. I find myself having to pattern interrupt many times throughout the day. Do I really need to check my e-mail right now? Do I really need to clean the bathroom right now? Do I really need to make supper now, or can I do it later when the girls are napping? Jeff helps to remind me that my calling is to care for the girls before everything else.

Jeff is such a great Dad. The girls LOVE him to pieces! Miya woke up this morning crying because she wanted Daddy to wake her up. When Jeff gets home at night Jayden is on a bee-line for the door to give Dad a hug and slobbery kiss. We are so blessed to have a dad that wants to spend his time away from work with us and not just in the same room with us, but having fun together.

Thank you Jeff for being such an amazing role model for our girls. I pray they will one day find a husband that will take care of them and their family as well as you take care of me and this family. I can't wait for the day you will be able to spend more time with the girls and I. We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Nicki! Both of you are amazing parents and great examples to us! Thanks for everything and Love ya!
~Brittany