Friday, September 18, 2009

What a Blessing

Today is the first day I have been allowed by my Nazi nurse(my loving, amazing husband)to have the girls home with me with out help. It is so good to hear their little chatter and giggles through out the day. Yes, even to hear their fights and complaining. I have truly missed them these past few days and have not felt like a mom not being able to take care of my family. God has humbled me once again and showed me that I can't do everything, that I'm not in charge. He has also showed me how quickly I take for granted good health. I love being a wife and a mom. There are days that it is trying and hard, but when I was unable to do it I felt terrible and not complete. God is good and has a reason for everything. This time...a humbling lesson in gratitude maybe...

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. Jeremiah 17:7

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, Nicki! So sorry to hear about your grandmother too! What a comfort to know that both your grandpa Meiste and your grandma Berens are in heaven-no more pain, sorrow or weakness.
I've been thinking of you all week too. What did you hear from your doctor on Wed? Complete bedrest?? If so - I'd love to help out!! Anything-cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, watching your girls or anything!! Seriously, just name it and I'm there. That can't be fun just sitting there! Just let me know!
Heidi