Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baptism

We were blessed to be able to have Melanie's baptism Sunday. At the moment, our chruch does not have a Pastor. We have been having Professor Gritters preach for us on Sunday mornings, but he is in South Africa right now. So we were very excited when Rev. VanOverLoop was able to Baptize Melanie. He took the time away from his very busy schedule and visited us while Melanie was in the hospital. He would go sometimes in the early morning hours to visit with Jeff and Melanie, and sometimes during the day to visit with Melanie and me. He was always very encouraging and left us with bible passages to ponder on. We were very excited and thankful he was also able to Baptize Melanie. His sermon was titled Sufficient is My Grace, the bible text was II Corinthians 12:9. It was a very humbling sermon. I look forward to listening to it again and again.

We had lunch at church this time so everyone wouldn't have to travel out to Bentheim. Everything went very smooth, except I forgot to take pictures of Melanie with family. I'm not really sure what I was thinking. I have a couple of her (laying on the floor), I guess that will just have to do. Her dress was made by Jeff's Aunt Sandy. It was BEAUTIFUL!! And of course, she wore it for about one minute before marking her territory around the collar with spit. I think it just smelled too good for her :)

The Video wouldn't load so here are some pictures.



Sunday afternoon nap! She was one tired little peanut!!

No comments: