Monday, June 9, 2008

Hey all,
This is Jeff. Dont know really what Im doing, but I heard comments that my wife has been doing a good job with this website. My turn. I got home from work today around noon cuz I wanted to start cleaning up the mess that we have from the storm we got all weekend. Saturday nite was the worst. The tree that came down that we have some pictures of came crashing down around 11 at nite or so. The worst part was, the wind was blowing so hard the windows and doors were rattling and we never heard it come down until we went outside to go to Nickis mom and dads house. We decided this house is far from tornado proof. I really dont get too worked up about tornados, but this storm freaked me out. Went to Nickis mom and dad and they were on the couch watching tv (Duane in his underwear as usual) and they had no idea it was as bad as it was outside. Guess thats the difference between a new house and a 100 year old house. We have some damage to the house. A hole in the roof, wink wink, not sure if they came from old age or the storm...insurance companys paycheck said it came from the storm. Shingles blew off our building outside, garage door is bent up a little, and the grill flipped over. Ive talked to the insurance company a few times today, and they said what we have is so minor, we just have to send a few quotes in and they will cut us a check, not even gonna come out and look at this one. Theyve been great, and with a little extra work, a little help from friends, we should be good to go soon. Anyway, the tree was enormous and I new the sucker bass was gonna come down eventually, so I guess now was a good time rather than when the wind was coming out of the other direction. I propped Miya on a branch to give you a little perspective of how big it was. She likes helping dad clean up the broken tree. Thats all weve been hearing about for 2 days now. Not quite ready to get paid for her work yet. If the branch is bigger than 1/4 in diameter she says its to big. Anyway, Nicki just walked in and said "oh my word, youre writing a book." I think that means Im done. Love you all....Jeff

No comments: