Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day

You may have noticed I just started a new book....The Strong Willed Child by Dr. Dobson. You now have some insight as to why I haven't been posting as often...

On another note, here is a picture taken on Mother's Day. We have been blessed with two girls that are beautiful on the inside and out. I can not wait to see what God has in store for their lives. Although, I could wait a little while longer as they seem to be growing-up way too quickly, but I know that is not how it goes.

I have two favorite things Miya is currently doing. One is that she's learning to say the Lord's Prayer. I tried teaching it to her a while ago and she didn't pick up on it, now she's doing it more on her own. The other is that she LOVES to sing praise songs. If we are in the car there has to be a "little girl CD" on (she calls it that because there are kids singing on the cd). Her favorite Cd has switched from kids songs (Only a Boy Named David, The B-i-b-l-e, etc.) to praise songs(including Awesome God, and All in All). It is amazing to hear such a sweat little voice singing. The best part is when she's singing the songs around the house without even thinking about it. Jayden is also trying to sing...she has a way to go yet.

My favorite thing Jayden is now doing is carrying her blanket around EVERYWHERE. She has become attached to the blanket Mrs. Kleyn made for her which is white...well, it used to be white. When she's walking around she drags it through her legs. When she's tired she'll put it on the ground and lay on it (it's more of a squat-something you have to see). While in bed she puts it on her face, and in the car she holds it in her lap and rubs her finger on the edges. While in a cart she puts it over the handle and lays her head on it (or throws it on the ground...depends on the mood).

I know that both girls will quickly out-grow both of these stages and move on to the next. So for now, I will treasure every minute I can of singing in the car and dragging around a blanket, thanking God for blessing us with these girls!

No comments: