Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beach Day

A couple of weeks ago our church camped out at the state park. The girls and I visited for a day. Miya had so much fun. We even ventured down to the beach for several hours. The Wassink clan was there so Miya was able to play with Morgan, Faith, and Dillion. She also had a lot of fun playing with Brice and Brylynn. They were crawling all over the beach. Miya had sand everywhere but thanks to Jodi it didn't take long to clean up (thanks for the baby powder trick). At night the whole group got together for pizza (one of our favorites) and volleyball. We had to skip out on the volleyball; I heard it was a lot of fun. Next year I'm going to try to find a trailer to rent so we can stay out there for the whole week (any ideas????). Both girls will be old enough to enjoy it then---and Jeff too!

1 comment:

The Petroeljes said...

Hey Nicki! Funny that you mention the baby powder trick for sand - I just heard about that this week, myself! Too bad I didn't know about it at the start of summer! Does it work pretty well??
We, too, are looking forward to some more play group get-togethers this fall. We miss seeing everyone - Grant was just asking about Miya last night when we went on a walk!
I hope you guys have a great Labor Day weekend!