Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fair Week








Last night Green Valley was the sponsor for the Rodeo at the fair. Before the rodeo was a customer appreciation dinner which Jeff had to be at for his customers and after that everyone went to the rodeo and sat near each other. Miya thought it was great. She actually sat still for most of it. She kept telling us when they would fall down (which is everyone but the barrel racers)! She did get a little freaked out by a psycho horse rider. I left Miya standing on the gate while I grabbed Jayden's spit rag (I know I should NEVER leave a child standing on a gate...) I turned around to see a horse, and rider, skidding towards the gate directly in front of Miya. I looked at her (I was standing by her by now) and she couldn't even breathe she was so scared; she wasn't even ready to cry yet. For those of you that know Miya well you know she an animal lover and has no fear when it comes to them. She was terrified and I don't blame her. The lady said it looked like Miya wanted to pet a horse (which she did) so she ran her horse directly at her from across the pen. Probably not the best idea for a two year old. She apologized and moved on (thankfully). Green Valley also had a bunch of free ride wrist bands they were handing out so after the rodeo (yes, after) we took Miya on a bunch of kiddie rides. Her eyes were glassed over because she was so tired, but she had a blast. It was a late night but a lot of fun.




Today was the pig show. Both girls had a lot of fun and slept on the way home. I was hoping Jayden would nap at the fair but I guess that was wishful thinking; there is just too much she might miss.
"Miya with Kenzie and Zach-my cousin's kids. She watches Miya when I work
at school."

1 comment:

jodi said...

Jayden is looking so big! Where does time go? We miss you guys - hopefully we can get together too. I wish that I could've seen Miya's face.... I don't think that I've ever seen her with a scared face. She's definitely a courageous girl!