Thursday, September 4, 2008

I love racing

Guess who?
Yeah, we had a great time in Bristol. Im glad I got to watch some good racing since my own isnt going very well. I started racing offroad derbys again a couple weeks ago. I raced to races and made it 1.5 laps. Pretty impressive. Mechanical problems though, not driver problems. Gotta put an alternator in the car and we should be all set. Anyway, as Nicki was saying, Bristol was great. Thankfully there are cars to watch and not just people (pretty hillbilly environment in the stands) at Nascar races. Lets just say there is more than enough interesting people there on a regular basis. We got scanners which were really cool, so we could listen to the drivers talk back and forth to their crew chief and spotters. They are really busy talking on a half mile track because there is always traffic to deal with.
We got to walk the track which was unbelievable the amount of banking there are on the curves of a half mile track where the drivers are doing well over 100 mph. We stood at the base of the track to the top of the track was probably 8-10 feet.
I got to play tire guy, watched some amazing scenes from the sky before the race from fighter jets to skydivers with the American flag attatched to him, took some closeups pictures of cars. Got to get a real close look at Kasey's 9 Budwiser car, Nicki got some autographs, and we got to smell like exhaust. It was great.
We smelled like burnt racing fuel so bad after that race, but I loved it. It was an awesome birthday present from Nicki. Anyway, I will probably remember more some other time. Just gonna post some pictures and get to reading b4 I go to bed. Love you all
Jeff

No comments: