Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week Away

A week ago we were able to travel to Bristol, TN to enjoy a Friday and Saturday Nascar race. Jeff was sooooo excited to go to this race; I was so excited to see the foot hills of TN and West VA (I actually thought I was going to see my first real mountains....maybe next time). We left on Thursday and the first few hours were really, really quiet in the car. I think we were both wondering what we were supposed to talk about. We are seldom together with just the two of us and no girls. I think we both enjoyed the peace of a quiet car driving away from the daily grind. When we both realized the peaceful car ride was going to last A LOT longer we began talking and having as much fun as possible in a car without a two year that doesn't stop talking and a crying baby. Sunday we spent the day driving around West Virginia admiring God's beautiful creation. Monday we did some fishing at the falls we found the day before-to no avail. We also went golfing and did a lot of driving and eating! Tuesday we focused on getting home to our girls (and house visitation)! We had an amazing vacation and both of us (I think) were reminded why we married each other almost five years ago. Hopefully we are blessed with another five years (and another vacation). I'll try to have Jeff post some of his race pictures in the near future.

1 comment:

The Petroeljes said...

Sounds like a great vacation!! Thanks for the pictures of Miya and Jayden - they are ADORABLE!!!!