Thursday, December 10, 2009

A quick good morning from dad and Melanie

Good morning!!!

Its kind of nice having to work 6 blocks from the hospital for Tues, Wed, and Thur this week. Not a whole lot new going on at the hospital....but there was someone who wanted to say hello....Melanie got bath number 2 last night, and she wanted me to say hi.




For Melanie, everything is going very well. She was on room oxygen on her CPAP all night. I seen Dr Gelfand this morning, however, he worked all night....so when I asked him what he was thinking for Melanie, he simply smile and said "Im not" ...I always appreciate honesty :) We are really greatful for all they do for her here. Again, I say these doctors and nurses are the best in thier field. We are really getting to know a lot of them quite well. I had to laugh last night because I was talking to some newer parents in the hallway...during a shift change...which means every nurse that was currently working, was going to be leaving through the hall way we were standing in; and the other nurses coming in were also walking past us in that hallway. Whats funny is that I dont need to look at name tags to see who they are, and they know who this crazy dad from Iowa is because sitting in a room, not conversing with people, is not one of my strong points.
It was a simple, "cya later Jeff!!!!!...cya (nurses name)!!!!" The parents I was talking to just started to laugh...I told them they would get to that point too. They have a 1 pound 7 ounce Isaac, and he is doing very well, too.
These people are all very friendly, and they genuinley care about not only the patients they work with, but also the parents who have to sit bedside and pretend like they are taking good care of their kids.

Miya and Jayden are also doing very well...This having 3 girls, 3 1/2 years and younger is going to be a lot of fun. I love these kids, and really enjoy watching them grow up...although thinking they are doing it much too fast. By the way, Miya is now up to 13 freckles. She loves it when its bed time and I make her lay in bed reaaaaaaaaaally still, and I look her in they eyes and count freckles. Its so hilarious! She gets so excited, almost nervous hoping she gets to add one or two. She had 12 about a week ago, so when I said there was 13, she got a great big smile on her face....and was ready for bed. Jayden loves going to bed and reading the Bubbles Bubbles book (seasame street book)...she wont talk too much unless she is excited, so when when we get the the 'Bubbles, Bubbles, POP!POP! POP!, she goes crazy popping bubbles on the page and screamin :pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop"....its literally this many times or more :)

We are truly a blessed family, even though I never even pictured havin girls when we found out Nicki was pregnant with Miya. Now, no boys and 3 girls later, Im loving it, and praise God every day for the young beauties He has put in our hands to raise in the best way we can.


(Psa 127:3-5 KJV) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. {4} As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. {5} Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

MoDLin said...

I've been reading, checking up on you for a while and just wanted to drop a note to say that you and Melanie have brightened my entire day. I'm so happy that all is going well.

Jeanine said...

Love the new picture of you with Melanie! She looks like she's growing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff & Nikki-Sandee just told us via email about Melanie being 3 months early - wow! Reading thru your blog is fun to hear updates about your family. I can't imagine 3 months early and how little she was. I can imagine 3 girls though also - some days are just interesting. Mine are now 5 1/2 and in kindergarten, and the twins are 2 1/2. It does go fast. Anyway, I hope and pray everything will continue going well for you guys. I'm sure its incredibly different having her in the hospital and not being able to take her home. Take care and I'll probably keep watching your blog.
Mark & Crystal