Friday, November 21, 2008

Every dads dream!

Hey everyone! Dads turn again!

What a blessing it is to have healthy kids who love to play. Another cool blessing is vacations days from work! (best blessing would be to have the option of being a stay at home dad, but that day isnt here, yet) Anyway, Miya and I got to do some cleaning in the garage. A hidden blessing about children is a two stall garage is no longer a two stall garage when kids have toys (notice vehicle #2 standing outside in the snow). We put all of Miyas stuff in the barn, and before retiring the lawn mower for another season, we decided to have a little fun.


Miya wasnt a big fan of sledding, (something tells me she somehow remebers last years face plants into the snow after falling off the sled) so we decided to hook the wagon up from grandpa and grandma Westra and do a little offroading. It was fun, but I think it may have been costly. Got stuck with the lawn mower a few times, no big deal, but got finished, parked the mower in the garage and saw we had a completely flat tire on the mower. Oh well, next years hunny do list I guess.

Weve been getting a lot of snow at work. A couple feet to be exact while only getting about 5 inches at home. (I didnt believe the lake affect snow thing when I moved out here, so I wont bother explaining it to anyone who isnt from Michigan...gotta experience it I think)

Other than that, things are going very well. Kids are growing too fast, and the seasons are definately changing.

As often as I write on this thing, I better add one more comment. Holidays are quickly approaching! Hope everyone really enjoys them. Stay out of the stress of them, remember what they are all about, and dont take family for granted! Weve had a few reminders here the last few days that we dont know how many of these holidays we have left. Live life to the fullest and have no regrets! Love you all

Jeff







1 comment:

mckeefamily03 said...

Hey Nikki! Good to hear from you on the blog! I have enjoyed reading yours as well! Yeah for girls! Aren't they great- yours are beautiful! They seem to be similar ages to mine:) Anyways, about the books (which my husband keeps pointing out that I haven't changed in ages... you go to customize, click add a gadget, and then I think I did picture on ours, so I could add a picture! OTherwise you could do list, or something else! Hope this helps! Good to hear from you, I'll be checking out your blog!