Monday, November 9, 2009

ENJOY!!!

So, I thought I better lighten the mood a little bit. I was starting to feel a bit guilty after the last post...so here you go!

Although yesterday was rough, it was a day Ill never forget as a dad. I brought my white shirt, just as I did with the other girls...The 1st picture with Miya was with a white shirt, so Ive been carrying on the tradition...and Nicki was kind enough to get the camera out and make this little home video. Ladies...dont drool over the chest hair :) The monitors that you hear on the video...thats normal...your thinking 'oh really??? doesnt sound very normal to me'
YEAH! THATS WHAT I THOUGHT! but those are the typical noises we hear all day from Melanie and her neighbor kids. It does generally get pretty noisy when kids play together, so I guess the principle applies here too.
I thought she looked small in the bed, but when she got put on my chest, it made her even smaller. I think we could have tucked her in my ink pen pocket it we wanted to. Shes got a ways to go, but shes coming along! I got a few picture ideas from some of you over the last couple days...hopefully, if she doesnt have to go on another ventilator, we can make some of those happen. Enjoy!!! By the way, nurse Jane, if you are reading this, turn up the volume on your computer and mute the playlist on the bottom before you watch...I want you to hear how I kept you from shaking baby Melanie...it would have been bad to have you doing that on video :) IM JUST KIDDING!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP JANE!!!

13 comments:

Glenda said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! Sorry, her tinyness just hit me again!!!! Because I have not had the opportunity to see my TINY sweet baby neice Melanie, I guess I just didn't fully realize how tiny she was!! SHE IS SOOOO TINY!!!
Ok I think I'm done now. Melanie, you need to bulk up honey, or your dad will really start to do weird things with you.....you know your child is small when you say, I'm gonna put you in my pocket!!!!Thanks so much for letting us all share this special moment!!! You guys are awesome, hang in there, praying Melanie will be on the up-hill climb of this roller coaster ride! We love you all!!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Sooo Soooo Precious!!! Continuing to hold your family in our prayers!!

David & Lori Kooiker

Michelle Bjork said...

You are a great daddy!! Haybug is wondering if you were planning on putting Miss Melanie in your pants pocket or shirt pocket. He is amazed by just how small Melanie is. He wants me to tell you that he figured it out.... it must be your shirt pocket, either that or you have BIG pants.

Unknown said...

So Beautiful! Love the video...and your comments to Jane :) You guys rock!! Praying for you and Love you all tons!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your hearts with everyone. Your insights have been priceless and your faith has been inspirational. It is obvious that God has been blessing you with His grace, mercy, and peace through all of the ups and downs. Praying that He will continue to carry all of you through the valley and provide you with the strength to endure this trial. Blessings to you!!

Lane & Robin Brands

Anonymous said...

I think Glenda summed it up pretty well...SHE IS SOOO TINY!! Thank you for continuing to update us all! We think about you every day and are praying for you both and little Melanie! Jeff...sometimes your posts just make me smile! Stay strong!
Love you guys!
Your cuz,
Sara Kalsbeek

Jodi said...

Just saw the video, Jeff your the bomb, yes love that chest hair!! HA HA!! Thanks for sharing the video.

Jodi

Jane said...

Yes Jane read the blog and watched the video. I think next time we turn off the audio HA HA. She does look precious when you guys are holding her (Nicki too). I assume she stayed off the jet vent today since you did not mentioned it. Were you able to hold again? I hope so. Know that my prayers are with you guys. I hope you don't mind but I am sharing your blog with my boys.
Jane
P.S. It is not shaking we stimulate the babies:)

jennie boerman said...

That was soooo precious it brought tears to my eyes. The pics of just her by herself doesn't show how tiny she is. It really shows when u guys are holding her though. Baby melanie we are all praying for you and can't wait to get to see you. I want to be able to watch you play around with your big sisters. Love you guys! Give that lil' munchkin some kisses from me. I think you probably already have given her enough for everybody that is following her progress but a few more won't hurt. Give the other girls hugs and kisses from me too.

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Nicki,

Please know that you and the girls are in our prayers. Thank you for the updates and pictures. We will pray that God will continue to hold you close. Take care.

With much love,
Randy and Renee Marcusse

Mazurek said...

WOW, she is so tiny. I agree you dont get to see how small she is until you see the video. Thank you for sharing. We will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so awesome and an inspiration to all - even if you do preach at us!! :) j/k love you tons and we're definately lifting ALL of you up in prayer! Ben and Emily

JMossner said...

I had a quick visit with Melanie, Nicki and Sue today! Nicki is so strong. Sue was holding Melanie's hands and feet. Melanie opened her eyes a little. Amazing! I'm amazed at this video. I hope I would be as strong as you, Jeff (just not as hairy ;-)).

Love to all,

John