Friday, November 20, 2009

Eyes Open

Hello!

Dad here....trying my hardest to not fall asleep at this computer at the hospital due to a near belly rupture from the food I just ate. Just went on another date tonite...I think she likes me...It was a quick date, because we had to get to the hospital, but it was good. Nicki and I were trying to figure out when the last time was that we went out with just the two of us, no kids, no friends, no family (PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DOING ANY OF THE ABOVE!!! SO IF YOU ARE FEMALE, STOP READING BETWEEN THE LINES! WE ENJOY THOSE AS WELL!!!! :) I think we decided it was around Nickis birthday....no big deal right??? except for those of you who know when Nickis birthday is....for the rest of you, I aint tellin!

So we went to the same place we did on our last date...the Olive Garden, thanks to a gift card we recieved, it was a relatively cheep date too :) Those are the best. Nicki has always had a special place in her heart for a real genuine tight wad. I didnt wooo her with money...so you all know what really did her in then, right???...yup, your right, my brains and good looks... HA!

Anyway, enough about us...I know you are far more interested in our children than you are my wife and I....the counter on the blog has proven that :) Its ok, Im not offended.
Melanie's chest xray continues to be the same...she is very comfortable...other than the hair balls she needs sucked out of her lungs every hour or 2...seriously, I have no idea what kind of mucus shes got goin on, but its rediculous what they pull out of that girl.
Like I said, very comfortable. This is a video from last night, more pictures to follow from today. Check again later tomorrow for those.


I dont remember if we said it before or not, but its looking like PDA surgery on Wednesday (heart valve). Other than that, youre pretty much up to speed...been fairly quiet around here the last couple days.

Hope you all have a great weekend! It might be one of the last ones we get before that white stuff starts blowing around (Im very scared to say the word, cuz in my book, its qualifies as potty mouth) Yup, hard to believe its nearly the end of Novemeber already...our little girl is 3 weeks old tomorrow, which is crazy! Yeah, its had its ups and downs, but these last 3 weeks have gone by amazingly fast!

DONT BLINK!!! MAKE EVERY MINUTE GOD GIVES YOU COUNT!!!

Talk to you tomorrow

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Hey guys!
I'm glad you took a little time out to have a date with just the 2 of you!! You need that too!
The video is so precious!! Melanie's been through alot in her 3 short weeks of life, but she sure does look comfy!! What a sweet little fighter you have on your hands!
Praying things will remain quiet for you all!!
See you soon! Love you all!
Josh, Glenda, Cambrie and Madison