Thursday, November 19, 2009

A letter from one sister to another

At Mrs. Thurston's house on Monday Miya wrote a letter to Melanie. As you can tell, Miya said the words and colored, Mrs. Thurston did the writing (thank you Alyssa for taking the time to write this down). When I picked Miya up she "read" the letter to me almost exactly...she read it for Jeff and others almost exactly too. She must reherse this over and over again when she is supposed to be taking NAPS!! :)

In case it is hard to read I'll type out what it says....Melanie Grace Westra-I love you! I love you, I love you sweet tight, I will see you tomorrw. I will come here in a couple minutes, then I will read you some books later. I will see you on Thursday. I want to play with you with strollers and cars and trucks and tractors and wagons and corn and tires. I will bring you a highchair and bib and breakfast when you feel better. And flowers and leaves and trees. I love you! Big sister Miya You can see she likes her girly toys and boy toys too!!

On another note; Melanie is holding steady. Her "bleb" is not growing...Yeah!! She is up to 8ML every feeding and seems to be digesting well. I think she's growing...I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and post it. Thank you for the continued prayers!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update ~ definitely a keepsake letter! What a big sister Miya is! Praying for you.

~ Matt & Jodee, and family

Jodi said...

Nicki,
How sweet,love the letter. Great news for the feedings. Melanie's becoming alittle pigglet!! You go Melanie!!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Little notes like that bring tears to my eyes. God bless all your dear and wonderful children. Sweet dreams tonight to Miya, Jayden and little Melanie Grace.
Hugs,
Lynn, John, and family

Anonymous said...

Westra family thanks for the update we went with no news is good news Miya is really turning into a little lady thats neat. We will keep praying for you all. Sleep well Luv grandpa from Iowa P.S. Melanie keep eating - we will find more somehow huh mom !!!

Mike and Nikki Holstege said...

What a sweetheart, that was so nice of Miya. What a big girl! We are so glad things are going so well for Melanie, she is such a little fighter. May the Lord continue to give you patients to wait on His timing and give you conitnued strength as a family to get through these next couple months. Our prayers are with you and Melanie.

Anonymous said...

Sweet letter--
Still keeping you all in our prayers.
The VanderVeens-Sally, Brian, Elly, Tess and Josie

Melinda Bleyenberg said...

Jeff & Nikki,

What a beautiful family you have!

What a trail God has placed upon you and yet your confession of His goodness is strong. We continue to remember you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. May God grant strength and healing to little Melanie in His time and grace to each of you as you face the trials of each day.

"But, Lord, in Thee is all my trust, Thou art my God, I cried; My life, my times are in They hand, I in Thy strength confide." Psalter #80:9

Daryl & Mindy Bleyenberg

Renee Breuker said...

Love it!!! What a great big sister! She is such a sweetie! Thinking and praying for you all!
Bryan, Renee, Dakota, and Colten

Jeanine said...

Love the letter! You've done a great job on teaching Miya her bedtime prayers...I love praying with her before she goes to bed. ("and help Melanie to be a big girl and to listen to mom and dad")
~Jared & Jeanine