Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Psalm 112:7

Yesterday Rev. VanOverloop stopped by for a visit. He was telling me that when we go through trials, we learn to trust in God even more. Without those trials, we would not trust in the Lord. That is so true. This morning while reading my bible wouldn't you know I came across a verse talking about that :) Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

So glad I was able to read that verse this morning with the girls. I'll be repeating that verse often from now on!

2 comments:

Jayna Libby said...

Nicki (and family),

My best friend from elementary school! Every time I go to visit my parents I drive by your parents house and remember the good times we had playing together. So many times I wonder about you and how you are doing. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to reach out. You have such a beautiful family! I'm sorry you are going through this tough time but as I have struggled through trials and tribulations in my own life my mom always reminded me that God never gives you more than you can handle! Just hearing that and being reminded that God knows I'm going to get through it always helped and I hope it helps you too!

Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jayna Libby (Jana Walters)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Rev. Van Overloop came to visit you. Our friends went through a trial of their son falling 30 feet and I called Rev. Van Overloop and he went there right away and many times after to read and pray with them. At that time they were without a pastor too and Rev. VO filled in. He was a spiritual blessing to them. Very thankful there is no heart surgery at this time for little Melanie.

Thinking of you ALL!!!!

Bern and Marcia