Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Lord works in mysterious ways

Dad here again...I dont know quite what to say. To all who were in church that heard the rucus of myself and Miya, Im sorry. I hope we didnt distract to a point where you couldnt listen. Everything is ok...Nicki kind of explained everything on the last post, Im just gonna add a few things. PDA in the heart isnt closing. Tomorrow is the last day for ibuprophin to try to get that closed....looking like it aint workin. Probably heart surgery on Tuesday or Wednesday if no progress tomorrow. If that has to happen, she will for sure need to get on a ventilator again, probably a jet ventilator...which seems like a whole lot of steps backwards to me...but, its probably what has to be done. Melanies havin a hard time breathing with the CPAP, so she might might have to go to this ventilator anyway. I dont understand much more of it yet, hopefully tomorrow, when Im ready to listen, Ill start to get it.

Like I said..Im kinda speechless...This morning was the best morning Id ever had with her. Held her for just under 2 and a half hours, and then, go to church, and leave early cuz of this. I leave a screaming Miya at church who was sooo excited to give Melanie her 1st baby, and then I tell her she has to stay there and all she can do is cry and say is "I want to ride in your car daddy" "I want to go to hospital daddy" "I want to be by you daddy" "I have to give Melanie her baby daddy", and all I could do was run out of church weeping.....Truly the Lord works in mysterious ways.

One thing I got out of tonite at church was a verse that my grandma Hoksbergen told me about a couple days ago, and I couldnt remember it to tell you all, but we sang it tonite. Psalter 329 verse 4

"Affliction has been for my profit,
That I to Thy statutes might hold;
Thy law to my soul is more precious
Than thousands of silver and gold."

I will see this affliction as profit, and Im trying really hard to right now.

Prayer request to add to Nickis earlier...pray that bitterness stays away from me, pray that I try to keep the fight of faith while I watch my baby fight harder for life than most grown men have ever fought for anything. Pray for courage for me just as baby Melanie has courage, and pray again for Miya, Jayden, Nicki, and myself to be just as close of a family as we were before, if not, even closer...even through the jumping around and lack of scheduling we are going through.

Thanks

Love you all

Jeff

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you. Felt so sorry for Mia tonight. But Jeanine had her calmed down and she was doing okay when they left church.

Always thinking of you and praying for you and little Melanie too.

Bern and Marcia TB

Unknown said...

Jeff you are doing so awesome being the stong head of your house. We pray you will feel God's loving arms around you in the next weeks and months. Your family is constantly in our prayers and in our thoughts. "I need Thee every hour..."
with love Kevin and Leesa

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Nicki~
Hope that your night goes better and that the surgery (if needed) goes well too. We continue to rejoice with you for every little milestone your baby reaches. We just about felt how sweet it was for you to hold your little girl the last few days! What a miracle she is! I know that you have touched so many people with the trials you are going thru and that you will continue to have the strength you need to get your family and your new baby thru this. We never stop praying for your family!
Corey, Brenda, Carson and Laelle

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all tonight. May God give you strength and patience as you wait upon Him. God has you all in the palm of His hand! So thankful that you were able to hold little Melanie! What a precious gift from God! Lifting your family up in our prayers.

~ Matt & Jodee, and family

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jeff and Nicki, We wish we could be there to give you a great big hug!! But in a sense we are in a greater hug. Deut. 33:27 reads, "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Those arms protect us, guide us, comfort us, and surround us with care. We can only thank God that those Arms are in control of all situations and those Arms use all situations for our good, even when we can't see it at the time. We leave you with this prayer taken from a song written from Isaiah 41:13, "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." The words are: "Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on, help me stand. I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; Thro' the storm, thro' the night, Lead me on to the Light. Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home."
With our love and prayers for all of you, Dad and Mom W

The VanderZwaags said...

Isaiah 41:13 says, For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, DO NOT FEAR; I will help YOU!

Nicki, Jeff and girls...I'm not sure what to say except we are praying hard this morning (and all day)! The Lord has a plan and as hard as that is for us to understand, He is in control! I send special prayers this morning for Melanie...Lord give her what she needs! Prayers for Jeff and Nicki...I can't even begin to understand what they are going through, but Lord, You know. You know what they need...Let them feel You this morning. For Jayden and Miya...Lord help them understand. Give them the extra hugs they need. Lord, hold this family tight in Your arms! In Jesus name, Amen!

Jodi said...

Jeff and Nicki,
I thought I would let you know, just got an e-mail from Kevin's sister-in-law she said it was very cool, their whole church prayed for you guys last night. Stay strong!! Hope you have a good day!

Jodi

Mike and Nikki Holstege said...

Jeff and Nikki- We will continue to pray for you, your girls and Melaine. May the Lord continue to hold little Melaine in His hands and guide the Doctors and nurses as they continue to care for Melaine. Lay all your burdens on the Lord and He will comfort, strengthen and guide you in the days, weeks, and months ahead.
We are always thinking about and praying for you all.
Love-Mike and Nikki Holstege

Anonymous said...

Jeff & Nicki,
We continue to pray for little Melanie and also for mom & dad!! Tom & Cindy