Saturday, November 7, 2009

WHAT AN EXCITING DAY!

So im hoping a few of the nurses from our hospital are reading this today :) We've had a lot of fun in the NICU today. That should tell you a little bit about how Melanies day went. But first off, I have to tell you this for Jane, one of our favorite nurses, because she about flipped out when I said yesterday on the blog that the nurses shook Melanie when she had a Brady. So, just to clarify...thats what they really do :) They just call it stimulating...its all relative.

Anyway, now that I got the truth out of the way, let me tell you of Melanies progress. Im thinking, Ill get the tiny little bit of concern out of the way so I can kung fu you with the good.

Let me start with, the number of Bradys has dropped a lot. Last count, Jane had 10 I think. Thats good. A couple areas they are gonna be watching are her chest, which is seeming to stick out more and more, and they can describe why a little bit, but for me to explain...its nearly impossible. Ill see if I can get Anne or Jane to put something together for us to pass along so you understand. I think it comes down to, that this new CPAP machine...(WHICH, I KNOW YOURE LOOKING FOR PICTURES!!!!!!!! left the camera at home, sorry) is keeping a little bit of pressure on her chest and its making it expand. Its a little akward looking, but sounds like again...no big deal.

So, after week one, I get to tell you this: NICKI GOT TO HOLD MELANIE FOR NEARLY 2 HOURS!!!!!!!! She had a smile that was shining through her face mask.
Yeah, Im jealous, but I assure you, if I get my way tomorrow, my little baby is gonna last just a little bit longer on her dads chest :) They call this skin to skin. Its supposed to help the premies do....ummmm....ummmm...I dont remember at all, but I know their parents love it! Sorry, I got half way through my thought, and I totally dont remember why they do that...Guess thats a question again for either my much more intelligent wife, or the nurses tomorrow.

Thats all I got for now, have a great night, and a great Sunday tomorrow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicki, that is the most PRESCIOUS most beautiful picture I have ever seen! So happy to hear the day went awesome, love you guys sooooo much! Prayers that tomorrow will be just as great! Love, Britt

Unknown said...

Jeff and Nicki,
So glad to hear you got to hold her, you looked so happy!! We are so thankful for the progress Melanie has made and pray it continues this way. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Kevin and Leesa

vicki said...

Nicki- Received this link from Leesa and have been following your journey with your little Melanie. She is so precious. Three little girls-how wonderful.It seems like just yesterday when we were bowling and Miya was just a baby. Thankful to God for the progress Melanie has made. Love all the pics, especially the one of you holding her. Will pass along the updates to my mom, Jane. We will keep your little family in our prayers. Have a blessed Sabbath day. Vicki VanOverloop

Heidi said...

Nicki, that was awesome that you were able to hold melanie!! Just what mommy and baby needed. :)