Monday, November 23, 2009

A hint of reality...hitting home

Real quick, I forgot Melanies blankets that Nicki washed in my vehicle tonite...and I decided I better get them...dont want her having all the not so cute blankets the hospital provides. On my way out, I think God wanted me to realize that we are very blessed, and He is providing our little girl the strength that she needs to make it day by day...

I was very humbled on my way back in...What I saw, hit so close to home, I had to find an area to think, an area away from everyone (ok, so maybe I didnt want anyone seeing me crying, fine)...There was two events that I saw in my short walk, both of which took my breath away, and gave me a heart so greatful for what we have in our 2 really healthy, and 1 not quite as healthy children...1st, I saw a man, full grown, weeping on the shoulder of a total stranger....you see, what happened is, he lost a loved one....a person he truly cared about, and it was in Gods will for that person to leave this earth...and what I realized, is at any point, God could bring myself, or anyone else that I love to Him in any second. What a glorious day that is for His children, but there is much pain for those left...and it made me realize that our life here lasts only but a second in Gods eyes, yet we are given a lifetime, however long that lifetime may be, to make the most of it...in whatever way He calls us to do. Let us remember that, and not waste any days that He gives us. Many nights, I pray that God helps me to do all things that I do, to the best of my abilities, in His service, for His honor and glory, and not for mine...So often, I take the days that God gives me for granted...live and learn I guess, huh?

The second thing that struck me was a beautiful 3 year old boy in something very similar to a wheel chair, and his mom coming down the hall from the NICU. I stopped and said hi, and was taken away by the fact that this little boy, with whatever disability he had loving life, and wanting to come to the NICU on his birthday to tell the nurses and doctors that helped him for 4 months while he was here 'thank you'. At first, I felt a bit sorry for the boy, but then, I realized, this little boy didnt want that. What I saw in that boy was gratefulness, the same gratefulness that I feel for those who are helping our little girl Melanie...and we dont know how she will turn out yet. She might have special needs, she might not. But one thing I do know, is that I praise God everyday for the children he has given us, and pray that he continues to provide Miss Melanie strength to make it through each day, just as He does for her dad, mom, and other 2 sisters.

I was again reminded today to try to live a life of no regrets, in Gods service, doing things of priority and not urgency. God gives us opportunities to serve Him in so many ways, and we can sometimes knock these opportunities, hiding our talents that He has given us....

Again I leave you with....DONT BLINK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am humbled and in awe of the blessings you are receiving through this trial in your life. Thanks for sharing. Continued prayers!
~Diane

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that blog. It brought me to tears, and has such a valuable lesson for each of us.
God Bless
Renee